We all know it, but have you ever tried to sit down to list all the specific reasons WHY walking is good for you? I tried to do this myself and came up with the following:
– weight loss
– cardio is good for your heart and blood pressure
– releases endorphins to make you happier.
Not bad… these reasons are all great for why we should walk. And I thought I had a pretty good list, until I came across the blog Bob’s Walking Program that pointed out a few more.
– Reduce the risk of diabetes, obesity and heart disease
– Improve blood circulation
– Improve flexibility
– Better concentration and memorization
– Reduce the risk of breast cancer
– Increase energy
– Improve cardiovascular function
Bob is not the only one that recommends that you should walk. The American Heart Association suggests that walking 30 minutes 5 days week at moderate intensity could improve your health.
So there you have it. Whether you do it for your own reasons, or by the ones recommended by respected bloggers and the American Heart Association, walking proves to be a great way to improve your health.
For more walking information, including shoes, stretches, and safety tips, visit Bob’s blog at runwalkbecause.com.